FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Frequently asked questions

Why dry fog?


Our dry fog system is the only technology in the UK which can achieve 100% coverage within your home. This means it eradicates mould on surfaces, in the air, on furniture and even behind cavity walls. Our microbial film coats all surfaces, preventing it from coming back. Guaranteed. Most current mould remediation companies employ the use of wet foggers (ULV fogging). This administers the sterilant in a droplet sizes which causes it to condense on surfaces, meaning airborne mould spores and dangerous mycotoxins are left largely unaffected. Our patented dry fog technology condenses our sterilant to a previously unachieved molecular size. This means three things: First, it is unable to condense on surfaces and dwells in the air; eradicating the abundance of mould spores and harmful mycotoxins traditional methods can’t deal with. Second, our dry fog machine creates positive air pressure, meaning the dry fog is forced to fill the entire volume of a room or house, forcing the sterilant to dwell on every surface and object. Third, it can reach every conceivable space within your home including behind cavity walls, meaning we are able to comprehensively eradicate every last trace of mould.




Why do I have mould?


Unless you've had a leak or suffered flood damage, the'res a good chance the mould in your home is a result of dampness and humidity caused by basic daily tasks like showering, cooking and drying clothes combined with poor ventilation. These human activites cause water vapour and condensation, which when combined with poor ventilation, generates sufficient moisture in the home for mould to grow. 80-85% of household mould is caused by condensation, which is man-made damp. Condensation causes mould to grow and once mould is visible in your home, it needs to be removed as it can be both harmful to health and destructive to property. Mould is caused by dampness and humidity. However, there is one type of damp which is the main culprit when it comes to household mould. 80-85% of mould problems are attributed to condensation, or in other words, man-made dampness. Only 15-20% of mould problems arise from the other two categories of damp; penetrating damp and rising damp. Condensation occurs when hot air comes into contact with cold air. There are many things we do in a daily basis which causes this. Condensation occurs when moist air comes into contact with a colder surface like a wall, window, mirror etc. The air can’t hold the moisture and droplets of water are formed. It also occurs in places the air is still, like the corners of rooms, behind furniture or inside wardrobes. This moist environment is a furtile breeding ground for mould.




Can't I just wipe it away myself?


Typically, if you wipe mould down, it will aggressively spore into your airspace as a defense mechanism. Wiping mould down, even with bleach, will actually make the problem worse by increasing the volume of mould spores in your airspace. Mould is a living organism. When it is wiped down with a cloth and a household cleaner, it simply aggrevates the mould colony. As a defence mechanism, it aggressively sends spores into your airspace. This has the unfortunate effect of worsening your mould problem as the mould spores will land on other surfaces and get into soft furnishings and clothes. In addition, it increases the level of harmful mycotoxins in your airspace. A common miconception is that bleach removes mould. However, bleaching mould simply dipigments it, creating the impression that it's gone when, in fact, it is alive and aggressively sporing into the airspace.




Is mould dangerous?


Mould is a category 1 risk to health, the same category as Asbestos, according to the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS). It is known to cause a wide range of health problems including respiratory problems, the exasperation of autoimmune diseases, a weakened immune system and brain fog or insomnia. The health risks associated with household mould are arguably understated and misunderstood by the general public in the UK. According to the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS), Mould is a category 1 risk to health. This is the same category as Asbestos. The risk to health is typically contingent upon the time you’ve been exposed, the mould strains present and the density of airborne spores and mycotoxins.




Will dry fog reach all of the mould?


Our patented technology creates a 7.5 micron sized particle. A mold spore is between 12 and 30 microns. Thus, any place where a mold spore can get in or out of, the fog will penetrate those areas. In special situations where there is a known issue behind a wall, we can poke a few 1/8 inch holes between the studs and treat the back of the wall directly.




How long is your mould treatment effective for?


We offer a 1 year guarantee against the reappearance of visible mould. If it comes back within 12 months, so do we. However, if all moisture and water issues are resolved, this is a very permanent solution. With minor water issues like humidity or condensation on windows, we have tested it out over 6 years without mould growth because of the EverPURE antimicrobial protectant. With major water issues (active leaks and ingress) you will only get about 90 days of protection.




How will I know if it's worked?


Your technician will take three air samples upon completing the treatment; a pre-treatment sample, a post-treatment sample and an outdoor air test as a control. The air samples are then sent to an independent third-party lab. We use an accredited mould laboratory that has no affiliation with any mould testing or mould remediation companies. Once your results are in, we relay them to you in the form of an easy to understand dashboard.




Is the dry fog safe?


The chemicals used in our two-stage dry fog treatment are EPA-registered and are completely non-toxic. For more information, read our blog article. Our treatment is completely family and pet friendly.




Does your mould treatment clean the air in my home?


Our patented dry fogger condenses our sterilant to a smaller molecular size than is possible with traditional fogging technology. This means our sterilant is unable to condense on surfaces and dwells in the air. This allows it to eradicate the abundance of mould spores and significantly reduce the harmful mycotoxins traditional fogging methods (like ULV) can’t deal with. We systematically and comprehensively eradicate surface, embedded (in textiles and pourous materials) and airborne mould.